Saturday, September 17, 2011

10 recent photos from my iPhone

So I totally stole this idea from glamazini, but I tweaked it a bit. Most of my recent pictures are of me so I skipped a couple. If I do this again, I'll be sure to have more interesting stuff =). Also, I didn't take all of the pix, some were sent to me, some were "stolen", lol.  Anyhoo, it gives me an opportunity to try blogger's new iPhone app so here goes:
1. Twistout results of my flat twist/twist style a la simplyounique/glamazini...meh.  My hair is much shorter than theirs, but it works.   I thought it would be a little cuter, but I sure did rock it to the Olive Garden though, lol!
2. The style before I took down the twists. I liked it alot.  But I will say shrinkage for me is murder!  The freshly done style on damp/wet hair and the style when it dries are so different! I let the front hang down, I pulled the back twists into one and two pigtails, I pinned the front back, and I put the back twists into two French braids which gave an elegant, professional look. I think I've found a new, low manipulation, signature style!  Simplyounique's youtube tutorial can be found here.
3. My friend Tunisia took this picture of me and Tarus at a friends wedding. It was definitely a good hair day for me. Just a twistout with the sides pinned up. And I love the color yellow.
4. Got this pic off the Internet. I sent it to my younger brother for his birthday. Even though I'm almost 35 and he's 32, we still call each other names. I call him "chimpanzee face" and he calls me "Campbell's soup" (there's a story there). He won the war when he sent me a funny video featuring him and my nephew (unfortunately I deleted it).
5. My frohawk--wore my hair like this to my partner's barbecue. I love it. I remember last year this time trying to slick my sides up into one (epic fail!). This is my current Facebook profile pic.
6. Tartar mid-bellyrub in the throws of ecstasy.  She's a rub whore and doesn't care who knows it!
7. My 4 pineapple sleep routine. The four ponytails are supposed to keep my curls from flattening when I sleep. It works for the most part, it just make my hair stick up ala Don King. I have to use shower steam to coax the front and sides down. (work in progress). That was a day 2 wash n go (I think).
8. Tartar waiting to pounce on the wawa gas attendant.
9. My nephew Mikey. He was playing basketball with his grandmom (who sucks, lol) with the new basketball I bought him right before hurricane Irene hit. (I was supposed to be buying supplies, lol).
10. My unity candle burning during the hurricane Irene induced blackout. Don't think I've burned it since my first anniversary. I mean to burn it every anniversary, but I forget = (


There you have it! I may do this again, but I have to take more interesting pix than just ones of my hair. My thoughts on the blogger app? Just ok. It's good for starting posts, especially when I want to use pix from my iPhone. But I will ultimately have to go on my computer and edit and tweak before publishing if I'm posting multiple pictures like this post.  The app just lets you insert pictures at the end, not within the post.  (I had to come to the website and move all these pictures where I wanted them).  I guess it will be good for quick posts involving one or two pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment